The Marketing Department at a multinational bank was struggling with the management of its graphics archive and additional offline data storage systems (which housed over 2,000 DVDs). They were having difficulties keeping up with a data growth of over 100 GB per month, storing and administrating the data and being able to retrieve needed data quickly.
A system was needed to:
- Improve access to the data
- Avoid increasing the size of the 1 TB online data storage
- Provide an increase in system performance
- Save money
DocuSuite was installed on the customer’s storage subsystem and ran its DocuAnalyze and DocuFile modules. DocuAnalyze immediately analyzed the data and showed that 1 TB of storage was sufficient to store the data which needed to be online. DocuFile automated the movement of data in offline storage systems to a secondary storage system giving users more immediate access to that data.
- Users can access all of the data online.
- Monthly data growth takes place in cheaper secondary storage.
- In fact, 85% of all data can be migrated to the secondary storage which is 70% cheaper to run.
- In the end, total storage costs were reduced by nearly 60%