Key Questions Every Information Officer Must Answer:
- What information is rarely used and accessed?
- What information is relevant and should reside on primary storage?
- How do we transport inactive data away from the primary storage environment?
- And at the same time, how do we make it and keep it available for users and applications as needs arise?
- How do we do this in a way that optimizes storage utilization?
- How do we reduce the amount of work that we have on an ongoing basis?
- How do we accomplish these tasks while keeping the data secure and remaining compliant?